Friday, June 08, 2007

I shaved!


Okay, so being able to grow a beard, I did! It took only a couple days to get something going and after three weeks I had a well established beard. So after what seemed like forever, I shaved, which was yesterday. It feels good, but I look really young. I think I'll cut my shaving down from every day to once a week though. It's just so much easier. I transformed from a man to a boy in one day! It's funny how much age a beard can add and how much age can drop with shaving.

On that note, I had an amazing experience with the Holy Spirit. Now some of you may not know who that is or what I'm talking about and are a little confused, let me explain. The Holy Spirit is God, He is the third person of the trinity, the trinity being God the Father, God the Son; Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit. A lot of Christians don't really acknowledge the Holy Spirit and all that he does for us. His role on this earth is to be our helper and counselor. He glorifies Jesus and makes him know. One thing he does often is convicts of sin, righteousness, and judgement.

So during our Discovery and Reconnect class for new Christians on Thursday nights, I had the honour to pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit with a friend. Now when we are baptised by the Holy Spirit, [It's different than water baptism as it requires no water] the Spirit of God comes and lives within us and gives us power to be His witness, it gives us boldness and courage, it enables us to live God's way. It's really great because after we become a Christian, all we have to do is ask God to full us with His Spirit and He will! So he fully got baptized with the Spirit of God and started to speak in tongues, and with that he received an interpretation which could've only come from God [When you experience this, you'll understand.] All this may sound out of the normal, but who wouldn't want God's Spirit living inside of them? Honestly, you CAN have that! If your a Christian and haven't received the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I encourage you to go talk to a leader and have them lay hands on you and pray for you, it really is truly amazing. If your not a Christan, come and see!

No comments: