Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hmm...

I don't know why, but it seems to me June is a month of writing. I've been doing tons of writing or typing. It's crazy, I've nearly been here for 6 months, just over half a year. Half a year away from my life, the world I knew. The people, the sights, the sounds. A world which seemed so large but in hindsight looks so small. My world that will keep on growing. It's such a surreal experience to live life this way, away from everything familiar. Hm.

So I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to say in this post, I feel kinda dazed. Maybe I'm tired, maybe I'm just excited. I know one thing, God is at work. Right now, loving you, just tugging at your heart.

Anyways, I've been applying for jobs and such, scoping out the job market here in Sydney. It's a tough nut to crack at least I find. I'm usually pretty good at getting jobs, but the literal dozens upon dozens of resumes sent out, only one replied, Hilton and I don't think it is going to work out there anymore which is disappointing because it was such a good job. With no work on Mondays or Saturdays [My only days available] then there is not much I can do.

I got a word from a friend about a job at a local pub not even a minute away from where I live, literally across the street. So I went there today and handed in a resume and met a lady that works there. I haven't heard anything yet, but I've been diligently praying and hoping for this job if it be God's will. I already have my RSA [Responsible Service of Alcohol] so the only thing left is to be hired. Although working is not something I want to do while I'm here, but I guess you got to do, what you got to do.

I almost feel like I'm in a moment of moving on, where the old is left behind, and the new is just around the corner. It really is a weird feeling, I think it's a new feeling for me. Knowing God is in control but not knowing how things are going to work out within the next couple of days/weeks. It's scary, but I'm at peace for sure. It's almost kinda fun because I don't have to worry, God is in control.

Abba Father lead the way.

It's great. I'm getting involved in the church heaps. I'm helping get together the massive banners we need for JAM for the conference this year. Massive 4 x 7 meter banners that need to be sewed together, painted, and such. It's been fun.

I've noticed that when you go through trying or challenging times as a group, you gain an incredible bond with the people that you otherwise wouldn't have had. Your all going through the same thing, trying to figure out how things are going to work, and you make great friends that way. It's really awesome.

Enough chatting, now I am for sure getting tired. It's been a long, rainy day, and my nice comfy mattress on the floor is calling out to me. "Cooooomeeeeee, sleeeeeeep." So good night! Oh and keep on smiling, especially if you aren't right now! Haha.

No comments: