Sunday, June 17, 2007

A full week!


[Here are some old pictures! Funny!]


This past couple weeks have been rather full but exciting. I've been trying to get deep into the life of Hillsong Church and it's working! It's really amazing to see all the different aspects Hillsong is involved in up close and personal.

Mondays, are right now, a day off, since I haven't been working lately.

Tuesdays - Thursdays start off with classes.

Every Tuesday night I go to connect group. Every other Tuesday is up-connect where the newly engaged couple Dan Lee-Archer and Jas Ludher lead the way. They are the leaders of our tribe Soul in Wildlife. When I'm not going to up-connect, I'm going to down-connect where Robbo was generous enough to let me help lead his already amazing connect group of Wildlife boys. It's awesome just to get together and do the study that Brian Houston hands to all the connect groups of the church. Plus, there is always food!

This past Wednesday afternoon I had the privilege to join a group and head out to a Senior home in Rockdale. The eldest lady there was 100 turning 101 this year and could function great although she was blind which was still amazing. Oliva played her piano as we sung some new and old school tunes. It was a good time. Later in the night, Hillsong puts on a Worship and Creative Arts meeting, also know as WACA. I don't sing or play an instrument, but I do act. So I meet with other Dramatic Arts enthusiast. We went to a coffee shop Max Brenner to discuss the script for a Christian film festival, the Ignite Film Festival.

Thursdays are another day of their own, literally. Later on in the evening, I help out with the Discovery and Reconnect class. We were discussing Grace and Faith. Every time I go I'm so blessed. Sometimes it's great to start off with the basics Christianity as we get caught up in all the details.


Friday morning is Hillsong Men/Women. I get to be apart of the lovely Kitchen Team for the men's breakfast. Fruit salad is my specialty! After Hillsong Men I go to class for a couple hours. When night arrives I head back to the church for Wildlife. High School Age. Were we start another great and exciting night reaching out to the Youth of Sydney.

Saturday I slept in! Till 9:30! Woohoo! Felt great! Got some assessments done and such. We at flat 272 had a barbeque with potatoes and chips and soda. It was good, had a great time chatting and such. Later in the night, went to Makeda's flat as we were having a Good-bye get together for Raymond, who is in South Africa right now, kinda unexpectedly, but things happen.

Sundayyyyyyy! Church time! I served at the 11:30 AM service doing Meet and Greet. Sunday night I did Hillsong Kids. I got to be Max, which is one of the mascots for Hillsong Kids, which is pretty fun.

Now you meet me where I am. Sitting at home in my room, at my desk, on my laptop, writing on here. Waiting for the next week to begin! Thanks for taking the time to read through everything, if you did. Thanks Grandpa, as I know you always read! Love you lots! As for the rest of you, just kidding. Thanks to!

I just want to give a thanks to everyone that's apart of my life in some way, shape, or form. I just think it's pretty awesome that we all are intertwined into each other's lives in such wonderful way's. Really, I just want to say I love you all!

I have a couple prayer requests, I'm just looking for another job at the moment. I can only work Mondays or Saturdays and right now at Hilton they don't need people for those times. It's been like that for a month and a bit, but there is nothing I can do so I'm just trying to survive right now. Also for Hillsong Conference which is coming up shortly, it's going to be really intense but it'll be worth it for all the lives changed. Direction is another thing, I'm planing on going to school in Calgary in September of 2008 if my application goes through, I think it's the right move to make, so we'll see if the door stays open. Energy is another thing, I'm trying to manage, but things gets complicated, I just don't want to run out of it. I know it seems like a lot, but a quick prayer would mean a lot. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie. I will keep you in my prayers that you are able to have enough energy (and wisdom)to survive. I know you will do well, you always do. I am so proud to call you my nephew. The job will come, too. Just keep me posted. Love you lots,
Aunty Chris, M.Ed.