Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Life in Yellowknife


So, here I am in Yellowknife. It so happens this is probably one of the least likely places I ever thought I would be living. It's been great living with my Mom after such a long time and it makes me truly value the relationships I have and that we should make the most of them because we never know how long someone is going to be around. So far it has been amazing on all the experiences I've had while living up here. Having lived in the big city [ Edmonton ] for the past 10 years it has been almost relaxing coming to a town of about 25, 000 people. Everyone should experience what it is like to live in a small town. It's nice and relaxing knowing that I will be moving to Sydney which is estimated 3 million including surrounding areas. Yikes! I know I'll love it though.

My work experience has also been interesting. Working at Athlete's World for the first month I was here, has helped me get settled into a routine. No sooner did I take an adventure heading up to Diavik Diamond Mine as a dishwasher for two weeks. Washing dishes for 12 hours a day, for 14 days straight. Wow. An experience none the less, but I am not going back. It's just not me. I will be doing security at the Hospital down the street. Also, I am heading over to Extra Foods which is just a 5 minute walk from where I live, where I will be working as a cashier!

Applying for school has also been an adventure which is also why I created this Blog. I got accepted middle of September and was getting all the course fees settled out. When that was done I got my CoE [ Confirmation of Enrollment ] and started to apply for my Student Visa. Well, as soon as the form was sent, I received an e-mail that I was accepted and can now travel to Australia! Exciting! So now its just the minor things like accommodations, flights and such that have to get completed.

So for a first post I hope it does justice as this is new for me, please fell free to ask me any questions! I hope to update this as much as possible. Adios!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is truly an awesome site. Was great hearing about what is going on. I can't begin to tell you Cory, or anyone else reading this, how proud I am of you. I am so excited about your acceptance to Hillsong ... Congrats. You are an amazing man. I have truly missed you but it makes me happy to read how happy you are. That is what we seek for our children. Enjoy each day ... it sounds like you are cherishing the memories you are building. You will never regret that. I often think back to the time that you blessed our home with your presence with fondness. I sure do miss playing racquetball with you...:):) I will check this often so keep writing. It helps me not miss you so much. Take care ... Love you, Jacki

Anonymous said...

So, i'm caught up in the life of in infamous Cory Harasym. Thats all really awesome. You better post again asap -- i need my fill at least once a week.
<3 Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Hey cory ! This is an awesome site to know whats going on and stuff I really missed u and I regret not making enough time to actually go and visit u ... I remember I would always be like i'll come sometime i'll come over... And it just never happened and not your so far away and I have missed u for real :( But am soo happy proud to hear your going to Hillsongs and sounds like your sucha a strong person... Thats what I lack right noww ! Geez when u come back here we need like a coffee trip or some sort of thing so we can talk... And maybe then you'll incourage me with my own spiritual walk... Am going to Australia as well but am gfoin to a different part (Perth) But who knows maybe I might be going to Sydney too... Well bud take care and lovee u lotss !!
Irmaaa ! =)

Anonymous said...

Cory,

It's Amanda from Paradigm Esteem in Edmonton. It is so refreshing to hear that you are challenging yourself yet finding time to be YOU. You are such a special student to me and I will be one of your new 'blog fans'. Please keep in touch with me as well. Way to go Cory!

Anonymous said...

What up Dawg? how yeah doin? This is a awesome site. Keep up the good work dude.


P.S. Be Strong if i can go through hell and back so can you lol